Master Scheduler – Sarasota, FL
The Master Scheduler will lead a business process designed to balance demand and supply at a detailed level, while closely managing volume, product mix and capacity in alignment with the Sales & Operating Planning Process.
Reports to the Director of Supply Chain & Strategic Sourcing
• Demand Management: The Master Scheduler is the source of promise dates for customer ordering, ensuring the strong connection between it and demand management throughout the supply chain. Inventory levels, future production, and existing commitments to customers contained in the master schedule indicate to Customer Service representatives the feasibility of promising incoming orders for specific products, quantities, and promise dates.
• Materials Requirements Planning: Start dates for producing products, as specified in the master schedule, become “need dates” for components and raw materials required to effectively and efficiently produce products. MRP calculates when more of these items will be needed, and how much, alerting the appropriate people throughout the supply chain.
• Plant Scheduling: The master scheduler expresses daily, weekly, monthly requirements. more specifically when products need to be started and completed as in sequencing so as to ensure 100% promises kept, having an optimal level of inventory in doing so.
• Supplier Scheduling: The supplier scheduling process represents a departure from the traditional approach of preparing purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and change orders. It does involve providing buyers and suppliers with time-phased schedules of what is needed and when.
Financial Planning: The master scheduler, working in collaboration with Finance, uses data such as forecasts, customer orders, inventory balances, inventory projections, production schedules, in converting operational projections into financial planning. Doing so results in financial projections of future shipments, finished goods inventory, productions volumes and costs savings.
This position operates in an enclosed, air conditioned space. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer literacy in EXCEL and Access, and other state-of-the-art tools that provide insight to customer demand profiles, supplier capability in delivering and internal capacities.
• Experience working with LEAN, Kanban and Value stream management in fast paced manufacturing environment.
Demonstrable experience in managing inventory turns and supplier improvements.
BS degree in Business Administration or Materials Management or equivalent relevant experience
- accurate and detail oriented
- ability to organize in a logical manner
- good penmanship
- willing to stay to get the job done
- ability to gain cooperation and assistance of others without authority over them
- internally motivated, task oriented individual that can complete a task without constant or direct supervision