Master Scheduler – Sarasota, FL
The primary role of the Master Scheduler will be to lead a business process designed to balance customer demand with internal and external supply at a detailed level, while closely managing volume, product mix and capacity in alignment with the Sales & Operating Planning Process.
Reports to the Supply Chain Director
• Demand Management: The Master Scheduler is the source of promise dates for customer ordering, ensuring the strong connection between it and demand management throughout the supply chain. Inventory levels, future production, and existing commitments to customers contained in the master schedule indicate to Customer Service representatives the feasibility of promising incoming orders for specific products, quantities, and promise dates.
• Materials Requirements Planning: Start dates for producing products, as specified in the master schedule, become “need dates” for components and raw materials required to effectively and efficiently produce products. MRP calculates when more of these items will be needed, and how much, alerting the appropriate people throughout the supply chain.
• Plant Scheduling: The master scheduler expresses daily, weekly, monthly requirements. more specifically when products need to be started and completed as in sequencing so as to ensure 100% promises kept, having an optimal level of inventory in doing so.
• Supplier Scheduling: The supplier scheduling process represents a departure from the traditional approach of preparing purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and change orders. It does involve providing buyers and suppliers with time-phased schedules of what is needed and when.
Financial Planning: The master scheduler, working in collaboration with Finance, uses data such as forecasts, customer orders, inventory balances, inventory projections, production schedules, in converting operational projections into financial planning. Doing so results in financial projections of future shipments, finished goods inventory, productions volumes and costs savings.
This position operates in an enclosed, air conditioned space. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer literacy in EXCEL and Access, and other state-of-the-art tools that provide insight to customer demand profiles, supplier capability in delivering and internal capacities.
• Experience working with LEAN, Kanban and Value stream management in fast paced manufacturing environment.
Demonstrable experience in managing inventory turns and supplier improvements.
BS degree in Business Administration or Materials Management or equivalent relevant experience
- B.S. in Business Administration or Materials Management and a minimum of 5 years of work experience directly related to demand planning, production scheduling and control functions in a manufacturing environment.
- Technical Skills/Requirements:
- • Strong skills in using business operating systems and MS Office suite (Excel and Access) and/or other tools for accessing and compiling customer demand profiles and information related to planned supplier and internal orders
- • A strong understanding of Sales & Operations Planning methodologies, MRP mechanics, supply chain dynamics, inventory control and material replenishment techniques
- • Must have a strong understanding of Bill of Material structures in a manufacturing environment and the subsequent relationship to WIP jobs, the issuing of associated materials and inventory accuracy.
- • APICS and/or S&OP certification and training in LEAN Operations highly desired
- Successful Performance Attributes:
- • Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and with all management levels in a dynamic environment.
- • Highly organized, detail oriented and capable of handling multiple, high priority issues simultaneously.
- • Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- • Provide excellent customer service internally and externally
- • Knowledge of industry best practices and innovations related to improving on-time delivery performance, inventory and cost management and lead time reduction
- • Proven ability to develop and execute action plans which achieve company goals.
- • Excellent decision-making ability and creative problem solving skills.
- • Must have a customer oriented focus with a creative, assertive and winning attitude.
- • Self-motivated; capable of completing assigned tasks without constant or direct supervision