Shipping Specialist – Sarasota, FL
Responsible for processing high volume of orders daily by following all procedures and keeping accurate records.
Reports to the Operations Manager.
This individual will be working closely with sales, customer service, and installation support team, assembly associates, Freight delivery drivers, shipping clerks, Operations manager, quality assurance and purchasing.
• decide the method of consignment, by means of knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
• select appropriate carriers to fill needs, both domestic and international, and complete necessary shipping documentation
• arrange for carrier vehicle or pickup
• post weight and shipment charges
• operate personal computer. use of computer for emails, internet information, rate quotes, Microsoft office, excel, syspro, outlook, and shipping software.
• print and process orders, prepare shipping labels
• maintain files of shipping records
• track shipments as needed
• resolve wide range of problems, including missing merchandise, delivery cancellations, damaged merchandise, and incomplete deliveries
• process return shipping labels for return merchandise and maintain scanned files of all rma’s processed.
• audit paperwork for all daily ground and ltl shipments
• Maintain a neat and orderly work station/environment.
• requisition and store office required shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
• Perform various warehouse and shipping tasks, as required.
• Operate within standard operating procedures and adhere to all applicable safety practices.
• Verify accuracy of all documentation and shipping labels before giving to shipping clerk to pull orders.
• manage and prioritize shipments based on product lead times and availability.
• combination air conditioned and non air conditioned manufacturing work environment.
- ability to lift and package small outgoing shipments and parcels as needed
- ability to multi task a must
- ability to work in a fast pace environment
- perform basic arithmetic
- strong communication skills needed
- must be computer literate
- must be able to demonstrate reasonable and sound judgment
- Ability to manage and prioritize incoming and outgoing shipments
- Extreme attention to detail
- must be reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfill obligations
- strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Behavorial Qualifications:
- Fit with Harmar’s Core Values.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High performance team oriented environment.
- Foster and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ability to interface effectively and positively with all members of the organization, suppliers and customers.
- Computer literacy for basic Microsoft Office applications.
- Self-starter, able to succeed in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Willingness to do hands-on work within a team environment.
- HARMAR MOBILITY LLC IS AN EEO EMPLOYER.